Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hardwood Floors update!

I wish I got these pictures yesterday because it was sunny yesterday and the floors appear lighter.  Anyway - the floors looks amazing, I'm so happy I had them done!  So far, I believe they have mostly been sealed but not varnished.  I am pretty sure I am not supposed to go in the house yet but I can't wait!

I brought my landlord, Frank Navarro, to the house.  He owns about 35 properties in the area and knows a lot about real estate in the area.  He was really impressed with the house, the locatin, the lot, the price I paid.   He was very impressed with the quality of work being done on the house by Ming my contractor.




I'm so happy with the color of the kitchen floors.  Staining them dark was a bit of a gamble, but I'm really pleased with how it came out.





The dining room in all its glory!

The dark detail really stands out now that the color of the floors has lightned up.


I still don't know what color to paint the living room. I'm considering chocolate brown or a dark chili red.  Or salmon.

There is a new furniture store down the street, I am considering this piece for the dining room.

Um excuse me, this is the most awesome swiveling tv chair I've ever seen.  I might have to get this.

1 comment:

  1. the dark stain in the kitchen is AWESOME. I've been wanting to do my floors that dark stain for a while now...but it will probably be a couple of years before we can afford to do that. boooooo!
    I like yours, it looks great!!

    ReplyDelete